A reporter with the NTA in Akure, Mrs
Olubunmi Oke, who was abducted on Thursday
had been released, the Ondo State Council of the
Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), said in a
The statement signed by the Chairman of the
council, Mr Akinfolayan Owanikin,said that Oke
was released late on Saturday and that she had
reunited with her family.
“The NUJ wishes to thank all those who played
one role or the other in securing her release from
the den of kidnappers.
“We commend the spirited efforts made by the
family and we pray that nothing of such will take
place in the family and our union again.
“We also use this medium to call on government
and security agencies to step up protection of
Nigerians against criminals,” the council stated.
posted by @trends_ng. follow on twitter and instagram.